This course will teach the candidates the fundamental principles of human anatomy and physiology. Each candidate will have a scientific understanding of how the human body responds to exercise.
- Teach students basic exercise science as it relates to becoming a fitness professional
- Prepare students for BCRPA Fitness Theory Exam
- Writing of BCRPA Fitness Theory Exam
- Registering students as a BCRPA Fitness Theory Registered Leaders
Upon the completion of this course the candidate will write the BCRPA Fitness Theory Examination.
The objective of this course is to build a strong foundation of knowledge based on the fundamental principles of exercise science. This foundation is necessary for the courses that will follow in order to have a try understanding of all the materials.
The human anatomy and physiology will be covered in great detail due to the fact that it is essential to know all of the human structures and how they work in order to create safe and effective exercise programs.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of anatomy including anatomical concepts and terminology with respect to structure and function of the human body.
- Describe the components and functions of the skeletal system, including bone growth and remodeling and aging.
- Identify the interrelationship between bones and skeletal muscles in producing movement of the body.
- Identify how training modes (resistance, aerobic, anaerobic and flexibility) affect the body.